Hevi Shot WF choke tubes

General Waterfowl Discussion

Hevi Shot WF choke tubes

Postby MAX4Utah » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Who has had a chance to shoot these chokes? I just got a SuperNova and am looking for a good set of chokes. I am shooting Hevi-Metal right now, but on occasion, Hevi-Goose. What were your thoughts or pros and cons.....
MAX4Utah

Re: Hevi Shot WF choke tubes

Postby tim.peterson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:28 am

Max,what type of hunting? dekes,pass shooting,jump shooting? nice thing about this ammo you can choke up for tighter patterns unlike chokes shooting steel,you can down size shot size to put more lethal pellets on target shooting modified,improved modified or even full (.030 constriction),after patterning different shot sizes,shell sizes and shot payload outof my benelli SBE2 I zero'd in on a long range choke in .028 constriction my type of hunting which includes pass shooting large ducks and honkers.
tim.peterson
HEVI-Shot® Administrator

Postby MAX4Utah » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:46 am

Some Decoy shooting, but alot of pass shootong ducks and geese.
MAX4Utah

Postby tim.peterson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:05 pm

If you're confident in your shooting ability consider choking up,you should have 3 factory chokes that came with your nova,mod is usually the best choice for shots over dekes beyond 35yds and out to 50yds,some guyz like to open up their choke to I/C gives them a more open pattern.

Shoot a few rounds on the pattern board with your wf loads and the mod choke,try it at 30 yds and then 50yds,you'll be surprised at how well HEVI-Metal™ holds its pattern.

Tim
tim.peterson
HEVI-Shot® Administrator

Postby MAX4Utah » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

I will, Thanks! How are the new Hevi chokes performing?
MAX4Utah

Postby tim.peterson » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 am

These chokes are built by Carlson,before this year Hevi Shot did'nt endorse any choke tube,however I will say this,I did shoot Carlsons long range choke (Dead Coyote) and was very impressed with the pattern shooting B loads and Dead Coyote (Tshot) out to 75yds.

I'm onboard with Briley and have been since 2003,both companies are top notch and you can't go wrong with either or,carlson also has a "lifetime" warrenty and great customer service,I've talked with Mike Carlson on different chokes many times,he stands behind his product.
tim.peterson
HEVI-Shot® Administrator

Postby DDragon47 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:38 am

I get great patterns with my Mod and Imp. in my Vinci with Hevi-metal.
Been shooting doves, ducks and geese with my Imp.
Hevi-Shot Pro Staff
DDragon47
Extreme Boarder

Postby SuperJett » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 am

well I like your gun which i have 2 of them 26inch barrel and a 28 both have a buck gardner(briley) goose getter choke and pattern out to 50 yds very well ,,,,but I have been told about the Follies Straight Heat choke and how well it performs with the HEVI-Metal™ shot ,,,,seems the guys lov it,, so I just Bought one we will see how well it can do the job !!!! only time will tell!!!
SuperJett

Postby DDragon47 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:54 pm

95% of my shooting is 20 to 30 yards over decoys.
Hevi-Shot Pro Staff
DDragon47
Extreme Boarder

Return to Waterfowl